10 Tips to Consider
1. ADMIT: Accept and admit that it has or is happening.
2. REMOVE: Cut off contact with the abuser.
3. TRUST: Stay in touch and talk to other trusted people in your life; particularly your significant other if possible/healthy.
4. POSITIVITY: Tap into the positive energy around you. Challenge negative self-talk by speaking affirmations and acknowledging positive thoughts and experiences.
5. HONOR: Honor yourself. Reflect. Write down your accomplishments, accolades and worthy attributes.
6. DO: Remember and actually DO the things that you love to do. This is a wonderful way to curb feelings of depression.
7. PATIENCE: Be patient with yourself. Healing is a process that doesn’t occur over night.
8. FORGIVE: Make the decision and begin the process of forgiveness of the perpetrator AND yourself!
9. SEEK: Seek additional professional help immediately, if/when you need it.
10. SUPPORT: Find a support group. Like minds and experiences are always a helpful way to process your feelings, experiences and learning while navigating towards the healing.